St Michael’s School
St Michael’s School
Assistant Principal News
Athletics Carnival: Field Events
On Monday the Year 1-6 students participated in their throwing events. Years 5 and 6 competed with 2kg Shot Put, Turbo Javelin and T-Ball distance throw. The Year 4’s competed with a 1.5kg Shot Put, Turbo Javelin and T-Ball distance throw. Year 3 competed in the Turbo Javelin and T-Ball distance throw and Years 1 and 2 competed in the T-Ball distance throw. It was wonderful to watch and listen to the peer encouragement displayed by all students and to see everyone trying their best. Thank you to our parent helpers for marking throws and scoring. Well done to Miss Brescacin for organising a seamless event.
Athletics Carnival: Track Events
On Wednesday the K-6 students participated in our annual Track events as part of their Athletics Carnival. Well done to all the Year Level Champions and Runners Up for their overall athletics performances.
Aegis Visit Year 2
On Thursday the Year 2 class visited the Aegis residents as part of our community outreach program.
2019 Bassendean Visual Art Awards
The Bassendean Visual Art Awards, displayed at the Bassendean Community Hall, 48 Old Perth Road (downstairs) Bassendean, is an annual event showcasing our wonderful, artistic local talent.
St Michael’s Primary School has been invited to present 10 pieces of artwork for inclusion and display in the Primary School Category. This provides a wonderful opportunity for our students to engage directly with the role of the arts in society and is a great opportunity for them to present their work publicly. There is a prize for one entrant per school, as selected by the judges.
I’m delighted to announce that the following students have been selected to represent St Michael’s School at the awards –
Kindy – Olivia L and Olivia S
Pre Primary – Pippa S
Year 1 – Abbey B
Year 2 – Grace L
Year 3 – Amelia F
Year 4 – Giaan V and Audrey J
Year 5 – Sage S
Year 6 – Jasmine A
Congratulations to these students and to all our wonderful St Michael’s artists who continue to produce amazing artworks each week.
This year the Primary School artworks will be displayed at the exhibition from Saturday 21st September – Tuesday 25th September. Opening hours 10am – 4pm (22nd Sept 1pm – 4pm).
Please come along to view the Exhibition and to vote for the People’s Choice Award!
Visual Art Specialist Teacher
MSP PHOTOGRAPHY – SPECIALTY GROUP PHOTO ORDERS
On photo day specialty group images (eg Netball, Faction Captains) were taken. These images can be viewed and purchased at a unique website, which is DIFFERENT to where you order the portraits and class photos online.
- To place your Order online simply go to https://mspphotography.shootproof.com/
- Click Specials 2019, then select the album titled: St Michael School Bassendean Specials – 2019
3. You will then be required to enter a password to view the Album. The password for this SMSB19
- Please ensure that you use your child’s name at the checkout
- The images you are viewing are uncropped and will be cropped to fit to a 10x8 print (as per the first image in your gallery, a sample of layout & colour)
The online orders will be open until midnight on Monday 16th of September 2019 – for the Bulk Pricing Offer
- The Bulk Pricing Offer is $20 per print and these will be delivered to the school BY CLASS GROUP
- After the $20 pricing expires, the photos will remain available online, but the photos are now at a cost of $35 per image and delivered to a preferred address.
If you have any queries please contact MSP Photography on 9240 8000 or via email on email@example.com
Jemima Saunders and Ryan Powles