St Michael's School
St Michael's School
Assistant Principal News
Please make a note of these in your calendars;
- Wednesday 21 October– Open Night
- Friday 23 October– Book Parade for Book Week
- Monday 26-30 October -Wellness Week
- Monday 26 October – Casual Dress day (Jeans & favourite t-shirt) – Gold coin donation
- Wednesday 28 October– Year 2 Mass
- Friday 30 October– World Teacher’s Day and School Walkathon
- Monday 2 November– PP Mass
- Thursday 5 November- Kindy Orientation
- Sunday 8 November– Confirmation Mass
- Wednesday 11 November- Remembrance Day
- Friday 13 November- Volunteers Morning Tea
- Monday 16 November– Board and P and F AGM
- Wednesday 18 November– Year 4 Mass
- Wednesday 2 December– Year 6 Dinner Dance
- Monday 7 December– Awards Night and EduDance Concert
- Monday 7 December– Reports available
- Friday 11 December- Last day for students
Term 4 Events
As you can see above, Term 4 is going to be very busy with a number of events planned. The first big event of the term will be Open Night. Due to COVID-19, we have broken the evening into two sessions from 5pm-6pm and 6pm-7pm. An email has been sent to parents asking families to choose their preferred session along with other information for the evening.
The Walkathon, a key fundraiser for the Parents and Friends, is taking place on Friday 30 October. The students will have an early lunch before setting out on their walks while the junior students participate in activities on the BI. The flyer containing information about fundraising and parent help for the day can be found on the Connected App.
Edudance has now commenced and, from next week, will be held on Mondays. Hence all students are asked to wear their sports uniform on Mondays this term.
Early Years Garden
This year has seen a revamp of the vegetable garden. Ms Venosi has been busy planting vegetables with the students towards the end of Term 3 ready for the warmer months. This week they added some corn seeds to their garden, and they are looking forward to watching how high it will grow!
With Edudance taking place on a non-sport day, students may wear their sports uniform on Mondays so they are comfortable to demonstrate their best dance moves.
Well done to the students for remembering their hats as they returned to school. We had nearly all the students with their hats on the BI this week.