St Michael's School
St Michael's School
Calling all parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles. Do you have time to listen and support some of our wonderful readers here at St Michael’s? We have timeslots available for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. If you have time to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Mrs Lesley Schnell through the front office.
Parents who have placed their Winter Uniform orders are advised that their orders are now ready for collection from the Uniform Shop. The shop is open this Friday and next Tuesday morning from 8.30am – 9.30am. for the collection of orders.
Support St Michael’s School P&F fundraising and put $$$’s in your pocket
Choose between the Entertainment Digital Membership or Entertainment Book. Both Memberships contain thousands of up to 50% off and 2-for-1 offers for Perth’s best restaurants, cafés, family dining, attractions, accommodation and travel packages. The Membership is valid until 1 June 2020.
So you can see what is in the Entertainment Book
for you and your family, we will be sending one
home with your child
To order your Entertainment Membership securely online visit:
St. Joseph’s Holy Week Schedule
- Thurs 29th March, 7:00 pm – Mass of the Lord’s Supper ( followed by adoration of the Blessed Sacrament )
- Good Friday 30th March (Fasting & Abstinence)
- Stations of the Cross 10:00am
- Good Friday Liturgy 3:00pm
- Easter Vigil Mass Saturday 31st March, 7:00pm
- Easter Sunday Masses 1st April 7:00am & 9:00am – ( Children Easter Egg Hunt after 9:00am Mass )
Confessions available 30 minutes before Mass during Lent except Easter Vigil or make app. with Fr. Son).
Absence Calls / Notes / Emails
Please note, teachers do not get to sit down and check their emails first thing in the morning, so if you have emailed the teacher regarding your child’s absence, they may not receive the information until later in the day. Therefore, please do not be upset if you receive an SMS or phone call from the Office to clarify the absence.
For this reason, a phone call to the ABSENTEE LINE is a more efficient way of communicating an absence than an email. Please note also, a SIGNED NOTE also needs to be provided to the teacher on your child’s return to school. The Department of Education Services has confirmed that whilst an SMS or phone message is NOT a substitute for a signed note when reporting absences, an email meeting the following criteria can be accepted:
- the full name of the student
- the class / roll group of the student
- the reason for the absence
- the full name of the parent/guardian at the end of the message (the ‘from’ email address is not sufficient).