St Michael's School
St Michael's School
P & F Update
Hi Fellow St Michaels Community Members
With the first half of the year rapidly passing the P&F wanted to provide a summary of the year to date for you all.
- Change to the executive. New President, Secretary and Events Co-ordinator. Thanks again to the outgoing representatives for their service over the years.
- Welcome Night @ Bassendean outdoor cinemas.
- Participated in School strategic planning process.
- Funded new Sacred Saints uniforms for football, soccer and netball teams for the school.
- Co-ordinated football tipping comp and distribution of entertainment books.
- Started to lobby for a cross walk attendant on Guildford Rd at the Wilson St underpass to make a safer transit to school (Watch this space as we will need some assistance to make this happen),
- All meeting minutes and correspondence online now. Feel free to reach out to your class rep if you would like access.
- Funded two new water coolers for the school following a letter from the students which are to be installed shortly.
- Funded new Trikes for the Kindy & Pre primary kids which are being purchased.
- Funded end of term sausage sizzle via the canteen for all students.
We are also very happy to let you know that we have a very experienced Fundraising Co-ordinator Kirsty Fagan from Opulence Events the mother of Oliver in Pre-primary joining the team. Welcome, Kirsty.
We are busily working on a number of exciting things for the second half of the year. As always, we are here to add as much value as possible to the students and the broader school community. Please feel free to reach out to myself at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421 618 298 or via your class reps with any feedback, thoughts, ideas, suggestions on how we can help further build the great community we have at St Michael’s.
Thanks once again to the hard work of all of those that have helped bring the above to life in the first half of the year.
Calling all parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles. Do you have time to listen and support some of our wonderful readers here at St Michael’s? We have timeslots available for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. If you have time to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact Mrs Lesley Schnell through the front office.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
$5.00 Fridays have been a huge success and will continue in Term 3.
A BIG THANK YOU to my amazing volunteers. Wishing you all a safe and happy July holiday break.
Online Ordering System
SCHOOL PHOTOS INFORMATION
Our School Photos will be taken on:
Wednesday 28th August 2019,
Every Student will have their photo taken, whether they are purchasing photos or not.
The school has chosen to use the online ordering system. Your child will be given an online ordering instruction slip and a unique student shootkey.
Log onto www.msp.com.au and follow the prompts to place your order.
If you lose your shootkey the school reception will have a copy to quote back to you.
The expiry date for online ordering is the 03.09.2019. Any orders received after this date will incur a $30.00 archive fee. You can email your order request through to email@example.com or call our office on 08 9240 8000
Envelopes can be obtained from the Administration.
- Family photos are taken each morning before school.
- Please ensure that your family envelope and payment are handed to the Photographers on photo day.
If you do not have the correct money we will provide any change needed when photos are delivered to the school.
PLEASE NOTE: Family photos cannot be ordered online.
Special/Sports Group Photos:
- If your child is in a Special/Sports photo you will receive a link and password to the online gallery after photo day. You can then view and order if required. Photos will be delivered with the school’s bulk order.
Please Note: Class Groups, Individuals and Family Photos are not available to view online
Any clothing not collected will be put in donated clothing and resold.
Absence Calls / Notes / Emails
Please note, teachers do not get to sit down and check their emails first thing in the morning, so if you have emailed the teacher regarding your child’s absence, they may not receive the information until later in the day. Therefore, please do not be upset if you receive an SMS or phone call from the Office to clarify the absence.
For this reason, a phone call to the ABSENTEE LINE is a more efficient way of communicating an absence than an email. Please note also, a SIGNED NOTE also needs to be provided to the teacher on your child’s return to school. The Department of Education Services has confirmed that whilst an SMS or phone message is NOT a substitute for a signed note when reporting absences, an email meeting the following criteria can be accepted:
- the full name of the student
- the class / roll group of the student
- the reason for the absence
- the full name of the parent/guardian at the end of the message (the ‘from’ email address is not sufficient).